Friday, December 28, 2012

The 3 B's......


Birds

Three things that make me smile.....




They demand to be heard and seen and I am happy to oblige.






Bees

 How many workers do you know that hum from dawn to dusk as they go about their busy ness?.......











Butterflies flutter by.....

"Just living is not enough" said the butterfly,
"one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower.

Hans Christian Anderson







Life would be rather dull without them don't you think?




"He is richest who is content with the least.
 For content is the wealth of nature".....

Socrates




The days are passing in a blur at the moment...

Holidays mingling with work days, it's hard to keep track of what's what. 
It feels like an extra long weekend......

The weather has cooled a little and a pleasant breeze has replaced the humidity...

The Nectarines are rosy and plump and ripening beautifully.
We have already dined on delicious peaches and eaten our fill of berries...

We have spent time with family and are about to welcome friends into our home.
The Christmas break has been relaxed and quiet for us...

No great feast or fuss but just appreciating what we already have and that all our needs are well and truly taken care of.
Donations to help provide those basic day to day necessities for others has again, been our gift this year...

Hoping that you are all enjoying the holidays and time spent with family and friends....
Travel safely if you're out and about and thanks for visiting......

Take care,

♥♥ Claire ♥♥

20 comments:

  1. Wow, Claire, those birdy hangings are so lovely - I like the way the branch travels off the edge of the top fabric in that top piece - also the twiggy hangers.

    Lucky you to have ripening nectarines! They are my very favourite fruit and the essence of summer, I think. So glad you had a quiet and peaceful Christmas. A Happy New Year to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely posting Claire. I too love the B's; your embroidered birds are rather special. So glad to read of a relaxing and fruit filled Christmas. A very happy and peaceful New Year to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They may only be small little creature but they enrich our lives so much! Can you imagine doing the gardening without them there to provide entertainment and the musical backdrop! It would be awful! Your little bird is wonderful! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 3 Bs, too!!!
    Your birds are lovely! Happy to know that you had a nice and calm Christmas!
    xxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your inspiration source and you have done huge justice to those beautiful creatures. xxx Happy New Year to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your birds are beautiful Claire. It sounds like your Christmas was lovely...peaceful, just what we need.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful B's Claire. Happy Holidays,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Happy holidays and I hope 2013 is a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sentiment in this post, Claire. Wishing you all the best in this New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the 3 Bs too, and your wall hangings are fabulous!

    Wishing you all the very best for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the wall hangings are beautiful. the 3bs are sadly overlooked in this day of consumerisum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your wall hanging so beautiful and the words

    ReplyDelete
  13. ... So true (sorry for the two part comment something funny happens when commenting by I-pad!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post has got me thinking........... can't imagine life without the B's from the minute I wake I have the company of birds,listening to their calls to each other as I start the day. Don't know about sharing my mulberries with them though...
    they get enough of my walnuts!!!
    I'm enjoying this lull between Xmas and New Year reflecting on the year that's nearly over and making a few plans for the New.
    Relaxed and Quiet Xmas sounds perfect to me.....
    Here's looking forward to Health and Happiness in 2013, oh and lots of creativity!
    Those birdy wall hangings....Beautiful! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Claire, what a beautiful gift, to share with others. One of the gifts we give each other is always for someone else who needs it more. It's so important to me that we do that, not just at Christmas, but all year long.
    I love all the B's, birds bees and butterflies, too. Ok, more specifically, I love the little honeybees. But I run like a chicken from the big wasps and hornets.
    Wishing a very Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love those bird hangings. How lovely. I also enjoyed the thoughts that went with the flower pictures. I envy you all those fruits. Here it's grey and damp from morn to dark. Love and laughter for 2013 to you and yours. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  17. By, what a lovely post, and your bird hanging is so pretty.
    Happy New Year.
    Good luck on the give-away. I'll be drawing a name tomorrow, or at midnight tonight if I can stay awake that late. I'm not as young as I use to be and sometime bedtime comes early, LOL
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you've had a wonderful Christmas Claire.
    wishing you a very happy New year and may it bring you peace and happiness :-)

    Amanda xx

    Giveaway closes 6th January...early evening

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful birds, I like the thing about having your own song, so sing it, so very true.

    The nectarines sound yummy, I had nectarine tree in our old garden which I planted, it did get a couple of nectarines, but they always dropped off when no one was looking and then got eaten by ants....really annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, love the birds and the bees and the butterflies ... and your beautiful stitching and verses. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Life's busy isn't it?......thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I love hearing from you and will reply via email unless you are set up as a
'no reply blog'
in which case I will reply here on the comments page...♥

Thankyou xx