Saturday, July 23, 2011

Birth Announcement......Spring Baby Has Arrived

Hello and welcome to the weekend.

How's your Saturday going?

It's been a beautiful, sunshiny day here and not too chilly.

I love Saturdays where I get to do a little bit of creating as well as the boring houseworky stuff.

Yes, we have more 'Babies' on the way here in the Sweet Birdy Love household.

My Moonbeam Babies lit the fuse and the ideas seem to be endless........
So, inspired by the mild days we've had this week, I have been playing to day.

I finally cut into the beautiful woollen blanket I picked up recently from the op shop.


Some hand stitching with embroidery wool, mix it up with some free motion machine embroidery...........





Add some leaves, French knots and we're almost done.....except for t'other side.

I need to find a suitable saying to embroider on the back.

I'm thinking something Springlike but as yet haven't found anything that I'm happy with, so I have put on my uber cool thinking cap but it's not helping much..........yet.


Anyway, here is the front of my new Baby..........Spring Baby.

I think I have started something, so be warned there will no doubt be more babies on the way..........

(No. 1 needn't panic, he'll always be the one and only, hehehe)




Whilst creating I have been listening to the dulcet tones of Mr. Neil Young.

When the boys are away this is one of my DVD's of choice.
I just love it and can listen to it over and over again......in fact I have done that.

It wasn't until the last couple of years that I have become quite a fan of Neil's music.

I remember seeing him back in the 80's when he had long hair and lost himself in rocky guitar solos that left me cold............

But, since discovering this album back in 2007 and buying the DVD in the last year or two, my mind has been changed. In fact I took Richard to see Neil in concert in Melbourne about 2 or 3 years ago . I think it was February and it was stinking hot, we had 3 days in Melbourne where it was about 43 deg. each day, blah.

We queued for a couple of hours at the Sydney Myer Music bowl standing in the hot afternoon sun, waiting for the gates to open. We didn't have tickets for seats, just the grassed area behind the seats..........
It was nice to be able to broaden No. 1's musical tastes and introduce him to some wonderful music.

It was a great concert.

More often than not No. 1 is introducing hubby and myself to new stuff and you know what?
It's alot of fun.
Our musical tastes on the whole are thankfully, fairly similar!!




Along with creating and listening to music there has been time for the odd cuppa or two in my new mug..............

What better way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

I hope you've all had a great day whatever you've been up to.

Till next time, take care and thanks for stopping by to say 'hello' it's always nice to hear from you,

Claire X

3 comments:

  1. I love all the detail on Spring Baby and what a sweet face!
    It's morning here and it's quite cold - 15 degrees - but there's a cold wind with it, so it's not very Summery at all.
    Neil Young had some great songs, 'Heart of gold' and 'Horse with no name' were my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mixture of machine and hand-sewing Claire - really gorgeous! I think I will be having a chilled out day today too - maybe some James Taylor on the CD player, who is a recent discovery - I just love his voice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the detailed stitching in the face of your new baby. She is beautiful. Will there be a baby for each season of the year? Hope so.

    ReplyDelete

Life's busy isn't it?......thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I love hearing from you and will reply via email unless you are set up as a
'no reply blog'
in which case I will reply here on the comments page...♥

Thankyou xx