Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Well, surprise, surprise a new post, been a long time coming like alot of other things too!!

The year is almost over and a new one is waiting just over the horizon, a year full of promise and surprises, no doubt.

I hope 2009 has been a good year for you and your family and those that you love.

My year has taken me on a different route to what I would have thought possible. Family activities have seen my husband and son head to New York for a month for work. I decided to stay home and "hold the fort", someone had to feed the animals and keep the garden alive on 40+ deg days and while I sweltered they froze!!

I had a month to do whatever, which basically meant I could set up my sewing machine, spread out all my fabrics and play to my hearts conten! When people asked me why I didn't go with them I had trouble thinking of which reason I would give them there were just sooo many.

I admit I did miss them terribly at times, but with emails we kept in daily contact and quite a few times at that. It was as if they were here in all but body.

What does the new year bring, well the first 6 months seem to be quite busy with my son and his music, which will take him down to Tassie in January and that's the beginning of no doubt many frequent trips around the countryside. When you child finds a passion at which they do well, you do what you can to encourage and help them, it's a labour of love and my husband does it very well and doesn't complain (well, not too often) Someone asked me why I don't go away with them, my reply was - sitting in the back of the van and eating cold spaghetti from a tin for dinner wasn't really my idea of fun. Driving for two days squashed 3 across in the van, didn't excite me either, I think they got the idea, BUT when he plays near to home I am there with bells on and helping out where I can.

My plan this year is to get my blog up and running regularly, WITH PHOTOS, so watch out and stay posted. As soon as Mr G. is home and I can procure 30 mins of his time and computer expertise I will get him to show me how to upload photos onto the computer and my blog and then we will be 'cooking with gas' as they say.

So please come back and visit, don't give up on me yet, a new year and new adventures are just around the corner .

Wishing you all a safe, happy and creative 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life's busy isn't it?......thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I love hearing from you and will reply via email unless you are set up as a
'no reply blog'
in which case I will reply here on the comments page...♥

Thankyou xx